I've had my eye on all your games for a while and decided to pick this one up as my first... and It's really really fun. I keep discovering new things nearly every playthrough, and base defense mechanics are elegantly done. Amazing work you all!
Scavenger of Dunomini 🤖
A downloadable game for Windows
OR get Scavenger of Dunomini and our next monthly games with our Patreon Subscription for only 3€/mth!
Defend your pile of trash in a match-3 game where every tile has its own rules!
Your scavenger has been bound to a trash pit! How lucky!! They will have trash to order and recycle for years and years! But other droids will want in... They will be mean about it too, it's ruthless out there on Dunomini. No, there's no way we'll let them have our trash, Our Trash, Ours!!!
🧩 Unique Match-3 experience with unique rules per tile
🤖 Defend your trash from other Scavengers
💡 Recycle your trash into automated defenses
⏱ 10~30 minutes play sessions
🎮 Singleplayer | 2p couch co-op | 2p couch versus
🎶 Original chiptune soundtrack by Pentadrangle
How to play:
This game can be played with either a keyboard and mouse or with a game controller!
You must carry tiles and put them together to recycle them into resources. The specific way to regroup them is described in a little frame in the up-right corner of the screen as you carry a tile. The first few tiles all need to be lined up vertically or horizontally in 4s for example, but the batteries need to be lined up in 3s and only in diagonals. From there each new type has its own special rules.
Once you have gathered a few resources, you can bring up the construction menu and build new tiles, such as upgrade capsules or defensive turrets. More options will appear as you gather new resource types.
After some time, other scavengers will start coming to steal your trash tiles. If you let them run back with a tile, you will lose a health point. Alternatively, if you let your trash pile accumulate to the red laser, you will also lose a health point. You start with 3 health points. It's gameover when you have 0. Health points are displayed at the bottom-center of the screen, as a segmented battery icon.
- Left and Right to move your Scavenger
- Down to pick up a tile under you
- Up while holding a tile to drop it beneath you
- X to pick up a tile next to you
- X while holding a tile to toss it beside you
- C to kick, wall-jump if climbing
- Up while empty-handed to bring up the construction menu
game controller controls:
- D-pad Left and Right to move your Scavenger
- D-pad Down to pick up a tile under you
- D-pad Up while holding a tile to drop it beneath you
- A to pick up a tile next to you
- A while holding a tile to toss it beside you
- X to kick, wall-jump if climbing
- D-pad Up while empty-handed to bring up the construction menu
If you'd like you can come to our Discord to talk about the game, share your highscore, discuss strategies and/or get advice!
Of course it's also a very good place to get news of our next projects!
Are you press or a content creator?
Come ask us for a key on Twitter, our DMs are open! Just make sure to tell us which game(s) you're interested in, we have a few of different ones!
Also check out our presskit where you'll find more info about us, as well as graphical assets in the downloads, useful for showing off the game or making thumbnails!
We also have a french version of the presskit! 🥐
The game doesn't run!
If you're having trouble running the game please try the following things:
- Extract the game to a different location, like a new folder on your Desktop, and try running it from there.
- Add the game's executable to your antivirus' whitelist. Try launching the game now.
- Still no luck? Please come get help on our Discord, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach the 'log.txt' file from the game's folder if it exists.
This game was made by PUNKCAKE Délicieux, a small team making and releasing a new game every month through Patreon and itch.io!
Check out our Patreon subscription for advantageous offers and some more options!
- Added menu to pause screen.
- Now saving solo and co-op highscores, displayed on main menu.
- Fixed a rare crash.
- Fixed droids staying passive when the way is blocked off.
- Fixed a small issue with the level.
|Release date||39 days ago|
|Author||PUNKCAKE Délicieux 🥞|
|Tags||Fast-Paced, Futuristic, High Score, match-3, Pixel Art, Sci-fi, Score Attack, Tower Defense, warios-woods|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any)|
|Player count||1 - 2|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.80 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Scavenger of Dunomini 🤖 Out Now!38 days ago
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Looks really great!
Scavenger is an incredible reimagining of the Match-3 genre. First, there's two clocks - you have to keep your stacks low but you also have to stop the raiders. To make it even more challenging, each resource has its own match pattern. That would be enough to make a fresh game but that's not enough for PUNKCAKE, who have made a name for themselves for adding subtle complexity. To succeed you will need to use all the controls - grab sideways, not just underneath, throw blocks, and work in both planes. As always, I'm in love with PUNKCAKE's pixel art and Pentadrangle's soundtrack. And it's their first 2P game!
Really great game!
One bug: I paused the game, and then later resumed, but the entire screen still had the green pause menu effect on the entire game window, making it quite difficult to see what was going on.
Wow! Great concept! How about Steam release?
This cute art and smooth animations deserve bigger audience :3
Great fun game. I can't wait to get some time to explore it further.
Neat fun game!
For the records it works very well in Linux + Wine ;)
Does the game record my best single player scores? I don't even care about global leaderboards, but NEED to see my own top score.